Weddings are such amazing celebrations of love and unity, but your wedding will also be the most important beauty-focused day of your life. With all of the photos and video that will be shot on your wedding day, looking your best is key. Here are some of my favourite hair and makeup tips and tricks:
Wedding Beauty Do’s
When looking for wedding hair and makeup styles, inspiration can be anywhere. Keep in mind that your hair style should seem realistic. It’s also a good tip to arrange for a hair and makeup trial to ease a lot of stress on the day of the wedding.
- It is best to go with a look that is similar to your natural hair style.
- A more natural makeup look is also great if your skin reacts differently to more humid weather, typical of weddings that take place in the summer season.
- Waterproof mascara is a must – especially if the tears start to flow. Waterproof eyeliner formulations are also a great idea.
There are dozens of beauty products out there to get you ready for your big day. Here are a few of my favourites:
- If you have great skin, Hello Flawless by Benefit is for you. It is a powder that may be used wet or dry. You can also spot apply in layers like a concealer.
- If you need added coverage, Face Atelier Foundation is great. It has a primer built right in to keep makeup on all day and night. It also comes in a variety of tones for every ethnicity. The result is flawless skin. I like to apply it to eyelids as well to keep eye shadow on for hours.
- I love the Climate Control hairspray by Tresemme. Hair stays put, yet can be brushed through and the shine is incredible.
- The Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray by Tresemme is my one of my favourites. It not only protects your hair from heat, it tames frizzies and makes curls last longer and smells so good.
- Covergirl 24 Hour Lashblast mascara is fantastic. It lengthens, adds volume and separates lashes while staying put all day and night. It washes off well with makeup remover – it’s a must have for any bride.
Wedding Beauty Don’ts
- Don’t change your hair colour or cut it drastically right before your wedding.
- Don’t get a wax days before your wedding. If waxing or laser hair removal is normal for you, schedule your appointment at least 3 days beforehand in case of an allergy or redness.
- Spray tans are tricky and the last thing you want to do is look orange for your big day. If you really want a sun-kissed glow I would suggest a practice run before the wedding to make sure you like the colour.
Thanks to Today’s Bride for this article www.todaysbride.ca
Linked In: Natalia Zurawska http://www.linkedin.com/pub/natalia-zurawska/22/b09/410