My name is Natalia Zurawska and I have been a professional makeup/hair/spfx artist for the last 10 years. I recently came out with a makeup e-book, which features the best tips, tricks and techniques I have learned over the years as well as some of my favorite products. I believe every woman should look and feel her most confident in just a few minutes without breaking the bank.
It is currently available on Amazon – http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcolourcham-20
Here are the best 9 Tips I would love to share with you:
- Always start makeup application with a clean and moisturized face. Moisturize lips well and tweeze any stray brows so the redness will subside by the time you are done. If your lips are really dry, slough with a toothbrush with Vaseline or balm for a perfect pout. Apply visine if needed.This cleanser is amazing and gentle. It also comes with its own reusable cleansing cloth. Mèreadesso also carries a great all-in-one moisturizer. The packaging for thecleanser also doubles as a little makeup case to fit standard size makeup brushes. Mèreadesso is great for all types of skin including acne prone.
www.mereadesso.comShu Uemura also has an amazing skin purifying cleansing oil, which contains 8 botanical ingredients. Jojoba oil activates collagen to renew skin, olive squalene (derived from olive oil) provides anti-oxidant effects, ginger root reduces inflammation and helps fight wrinkles, shea butter brightens the complexion, camellia oil nourishes skin, safflower oil strengthens the skin’s natural barrier, soy supports blood circulation to vitalize skin and corn oil hydrates deep down with omega-3, -6 and -9 fatty acids. I also love how the bottle has a lock function – no more spills. 3 or 4 pumps is all you need. Apply to face without water and massage in an upward circular motion. Gently add water. Makeup, as well as even the most waterproof mascara seem to glide right off. I love the smell as well.
www.shuuemura.caApply face cream, in the same upward circular strokes. Allow cream to sink in. Cream application also helps in the prevention of wrinkles and sets the base for the makeup.
- You do not need to spend a fortune on creams, just compare ingredients in the most expensive creams and find a less expensive cream with the same ingredients.
- The difference between day cream and night cream is the use of Sunscreen. Sunscreen is essential year round to prevent wrinkles as well as skin damage SPF 15 or higher is recommended.
Mature skin tends to need more moisture. I love the cream by Olay. It work well for all skin types, it includes UV protection and the price is as great as the results.
- If you break a powder – this works for blush, bronzer, and eye shadow as well. Simply collect back into the container and spray with rubbing alcohol to make a paste. Don’t worry if you add too much, it will just take a little longer to dry. Smooth and clean off edges and leave open to dry. It will be back in its proper form and the alcohol has sanitized it. This is also great if you have remnants of powder and bronzer. I simply collect it and make a paste – you have a powder and bronzer in 1. Try this with eye shadows as well. It can create some really lovely unique shades.
- Put cream in the microwave for a few seconds in the colder months or in the fridge in the summer months. The heat or coolness when applied make you feel oh so luxurious. Make sure to test the heat on your inner wrist to prevent burns.
- Put ice packs in a sandwich bag (to prevent leaks and condensation) and throw into your makeup bag in hot climates. This prevents any makeup from melting and changing texture.
- If your tube of lipstick is almost empty, simply scrape out the rest with a small knife or end of a small makeup brush. Place the lipstick into a medicine container (clear is best) that you can find in any drug store and melt in the microwave for about 25 seconds until melted. This creates a perfect palette. The clear container allows you to see the colour. You can also label it if you like. No more waste! You can also mix colours.
www.maccosmetics.comwww.clinique.comI love the lipsticks by M.A.C as well as Clinique.
- If you are in a pinch, you can easily use mascara as a liquid eyeliner as well. Simply use your eyeliner brush and sweep across the mascara wand and apply. Smudge gently with fingers if you like for a smoky look.
I love the 24 Hour Lash blast mascara by Covergirl. The brush has the perfect shape to saturate each lash while adding volume and length and it stays put.
- When looking for a foundation, be sure to test it along your jaw line. Blend in well. Walk around with it for a while as well as in day light out doors as store lights are different. Most women will need 2 shades of foundation. One during summer and fall (more tan) as well as winter and spring.
Face Atelier Ultra Pro foundation contains silicone as well as a primer that is built right in. The colour selection is perfect.
- When applying bronzer, apply only where the sun would naturally hit your face – forehead, nose and chin and circle remnants around cheek area. Make sure to dust your décolletage as well as the body needs to match the face.I love the bronzer by Elizabeth Arden. The dial lets you get a fresh ground glow every time you use it. The bronzer is also infused with minerals, mica, and a seawater complex as well as A, C and E vitamins.
- When painting your nails, apply a base coat in three light strokes – this prevents streaks, polish (2 thin coats), and a topcoat to prevent chips. Apply the topcoat to the underside of your nails as well and paint your thumbs last to prevent smudges. If you are in a rush, gently rinse hands in cold water. It helps the polish cure faster.
www.revlon.cawww.opi.comRevlon Multicare Base + Top Coat is perfection. It goes on so evenly and protects nails.I love the nail polish by O.P.I. Besides have a tremendous amount of beautiful colours, the polish lasts and goes on so evenly. The names of the shades are so cute as well.
- When applying darker eye shadow make sure to apply to lids and not too far up the eyelid. Use a light eye shadow close to the brow to add contrast. Blend well. Add liner. Wait a few minutes, as some shadow remnants will fall. Clean under eyes and then apply concealer. Line not only the tarsal plate (the bottom inner eye line, but the upper inner eye line as well for added drama.
www.benefitcosmetics.comwww.maccosmetics.comMy favorite eye shadows are by Benefit as well as M.A.C. The Benefit kits are great as they come with instructions, tweezers as well as concealer and highlighter and they look great on all skin tones.M.A.C eye shadows are legendary. They blend so well and come in so many different shades and formulations.
My favorite eyeliner is Exact Eyelights by Cover Girl. It goes on so smoothly which is perfect for such a sensitive areas such as eyes. It is also waterproof yet can still be smudged for a different look.
Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer. It comes in 3 different shades 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, 5 being the darkest. The colour tone is amazing and matches so many Caucasian/Asian/Spanish skin tones.
I hope you have enjoyed these tips.
I have recently come out with a couple of e-books which are available on Amazon
http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcolourcham-20 or Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Colourchameleon
My work can be seen at http://www.colourchameleon.com/
Linked In: Natalia Zurawska http://www.linkedin.com/pub/natalia-zurawska/22/b09/410